Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rosh Hashanah is in the Air!

So I know I haven’t blogged in a really long time, but it’s because things are just a routine now, I guess.  Thank G-d I moved into my apartment on September 1 and it’s been really great unpacking all my stuff and getting settled.  The apartment is beautiful and spacious and I even had my first guest last week! (Shout-out to Aliza K J  Miss you!)
It’s a great feeling to have my own place.  It really feels like home and I am just loving it.
Pre-Rosh Hashanah is just a wonderful time here.  Flowers are blooming and you really feel the chag approaching.  I am taking advantage of the many Torah opportunities and attending some really fantastic שיעורים.  I just love how everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, wishes everyone else a שנה טובה.  Every bus driver, cab driver, random person on the bus, cashier, bank teller, etc.  The products in the supermarket even have special חג שמח  packaging.




My cell phone company even sent me Rosh Hashanah greetings!


The pomegranates ripen just in time for ראש השנה and they are displayed in all the supermarkets and at the shuk, along with apples and honey.


 It's impossible not to feel the chag approaching!


No comments: